Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Favorite Guides in France...Burgundy


Burgundy has been called un etat d'esprit, a state of mind.It is the indivisible bridge between northern France and the Midi (southern France), a transition from the cerebral north to the earthy south. Every Parisian is a born-again Burgundian at heart. Here is not only a golden area of vineyards and gentle slopes, but a patchwork of prosperous wine country and fertile pastures interspersed with woodland. Truth be told, it is my favorite area of France. I only have three words to say about Burgundy.." Beautiful, but fattening"..but don't get me started on the food here!
My favorite guide in Burgundy is Colette BARBIER, who is a native and an official licensed guide for over 25 years. Her day job is teaching wine and the history of gastronomy at the University of Burgundy. She loves and knows the French life style, spectacular scenery and the culture of the region and her encyclopedic wine knowledge and vintner contacts are amazing.
She was my secret for so many years, but now the world is finding out about her, so it is important, that if you want to engage her fabulous services, you'll need to book her many months in advance. You won't be sorry!
Contact me for details.

2 comments:

50 ans Jacquot et Marie Jo said...

That is such a nice compliment, Mr Howard Lewis... I feel very touched ! Thanks so much ! When do you visit Burgundy again, that I can welcome you as you deserve ! Your favourite guide in Burgundy... Colette

Robert Lewis said...

Guides are a great way to learn the lay of the land.
We had a guide in paris and it was great.