Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You ask the Question - Is Food The Only Thing I Think About When In France? OUI! OUI! OUI!


French Food critic, Francois SIMON; love him or hate him, I love his honesty and his recommendations is a frequent contributor to the newspaper Le Figaro and numerous magazines (GQ, Cassa Brutus-Japan, le Figaroscope, etc.) He also has his own television show on the French station Paris Première.He is the author of a number of works on gastronomy and the hospitality industry, the most recent of which, Pique Assiette, analyzes the conservative tendencies of certain French chefs. He has also published a novel entitled Toscane. Simon’s hallmark is never showing his face on television or in other media, so as to avoid being recognized in restaurants and to be able to maintain his independence. He is a devotee of rock and roll, and he can cook a chicken 200 different ways.
In his review of George,(Below) I hardly concur in every way. he is right on target!
Bravo! M.SIMON

He writes:

"I’ve been coming to Georges rue du Mail, near the Place des Victoires, for 20 years. And I’ll admit it – I always get the same thing. When I say always, I mean always, without exception. Everyone has their little rituals that they won’t give up. This is one of mine. Rain, snow, or sunny weather like this evening in June: I’m there! I love the place, especially the table in the entry near the window.

It’s this kind of meal you think about when you’re out of the country. As soon as I’m off the plane, I stop by to get myself back in the groove and give my stomach a treat. A cheerful welcome, a high-flying clientele, upwardly mobile and hip…In the kitchen is Alain, from Bretagne, who I’ve gotten to know. He’s going to retire soon, so get moving! "

George : 1, Rue Mail, 75002 Paris‎ - 01 42 60 07 11‎ Figure 40 euros

No comments: