Monday, November 2, 2009

Vitre - A Day Trip From Paris to Vist the Best Preserved Medieval Town In Brittany


An historic day trip by TGV (Bullet train - a little over 2 hours)from Paris to Vitre.

Vitré is perhaps the finest medieval town in Brittany, with a very attractive old-town centre and lots of narrow streets lined with medieval cottages. The old town is brimming with cafes and bars - and positively overflowing with lovely colombage (half-timbered) houses. It is one of the few places where you can see a complete Gothic town.

The town is a listed Artistic and Heritage town and has many 15th and 16th century buildings remaining from the days when it was one of the most powerful towns in Brittany. A significant part of the original ramparts of the town is still intact.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I assume polite post. Specially the appellation attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I think the collection should prepare more info then it has.