Thursday, March 11, 2010

J'ai Deux Amours - I Have Two Loves!


The great American/French singer, Josephine Baker, whose signature number "J’ai deux amours, mon pays et Paris" ( I have two loves- my own country and Paris) I certainly do echo.
On Wednesday, the 17th of March I will be leaving for France for about 3 weeks. I can hardly wait! I will spend a week or so in Paris, checking out new and old favorite hotels, restaurants, museums and also taking TGV day trips to Strasbourg, Dijon, Lille and Nancy. Then for a week or so, I am driving to the Loire valley, Normandy, Bordeaux, The Dordogne, Provence and the Cote d'Azur( I don't recommend this for anyone for just a week, but I have limited time and need to see a lot within a short space), doing the same as I was doing in Paris -checking out new and old favorite hotels and restaurants. In Dordogne I am planning to be part of a truffle hunt.
I hope to send back daily reports and photos, but being a tech-no-void with computers and such, that may suffer a bit.






No comments: