Monday, October 12, 2015

A little spot of French Heaven, unknown to most Americans and a definite WOW!

Having just spent a month in France, I visited at length for the second time, the area known as the Perigord Noir. This area not only is home to Europe's earliest man and his famous caves (Lascaux II, being one of them) , but to the breathtaking area nearby known as the Dordogne Valley. I have seen almost every region of France, but this area, almost unknown to most Americans is a visited highlight in France. I can't tell you how many times I brought my car to a screeching halt and stepped outside in order to take in the magnificent vistas. I was over come with the beauty offer in this region unlike I have ever experienced before. This area is not easy to get to ( but maybe that's one of the things that makes this area so special), but you should make the effort if this is your 2nd or 3rd time visit in France. The closest jumping off point is Bordeaux, 2 1/2 hours  west of this region. Email me for more details, but first please enjoy this short film.


No comments: