Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Paris for a Sunday lunch – Where is the life that late I led? Totally gone. Totally dead, but its not...


Sunday ( or for that matter) Saturday in Paris  looking for an old fashioned typical French bistro  meal is hard to find.  So I can report, that my always go to place is still alive and well (it’s been around since 1908). The vintage bistro (lots and lots of regulars you’ll find here) La Fontaine de Mars (7e) with its happy red-and-white checkered tablecloths, its cozy neighborhood atmosphere, agreeable and funny waitstaff and just the best old time, French grandmas typing of cooking makes this a very happy place to spend 2 to 3 hours eating.


I love their oeufs au Madiran (two poached eggs in a sauce of reduced Madiran wine with onions and bacon chunks). Or I also love their leeks Vinaigrette, oh! oh! I'm dying here!!


Then if it’s a Saturday, you must order the special baby lamb. But oh! So many things on the menu and so good.


I can eat here every day of the week, it’s the France of old and its owners Jacques and Christiane BOUDON are consummate pros.


Below is the click on menu

https://www.fontainedemars.com/nos-menus-et-boissons/

No comments: