Thursday, September 1, 2011

If I could eat at only one restaurant for the rest of my life......



Since George William Wilton opened “Wiltons” in 1742, I have always enjoyed great oysters. and today ,The 1st of September marks the start of the native oyster season.
If I could eat at only one restaurant for the rest of my life, it would be Wiltons ( I do love France, but oh! Boy! In London it’s..) . Of course, I would need very deep pockets because it has never been exactly given away. But hey, you get what you pay for: gull’s eggs, the finest langoustines, Dover sole, grouse with all the trimmings, sherry trifle. The hugely experienced and respected Andrew Turner is wearing the whites and GM James Grant runs the show with extraordinary attentions to detail. Tory MP’S ( English Senators) , heads of state, the odd actor and teenagers on a half-term treat are all served equally at this fine old aristo that has a highly developed sense of noblesse oblige.
The Seafood bar, my favorite hangout...............

No comments: