Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One of my Guiltiest Pleasures of All Time...................

Foie gras is an important and traditional fod of France and a link to their ancestry. In 1920, Pierre LaFitte started selling game: partidge, woodcock, Ortolan, hares and foie gras  from his home town in Landes. For me the only area for great foie gras ( its my opinion and since it's my webiste, I am always right ) . On the Île Saint-Louis, you’ll find Lafitte, purveyors of foie gras.  All of their ducks and geese are grown on small farms within 40 km of their headquarters in southwest France. All the birds are raised with strict farming methods: grain-fed and free-range. Although most foie gras is made with duck liver, their foie gras d’oie (made from geese) is a luxury that should not be missed. 
Everything her eis made by hand without any preservatives
8 rue Jean du Bellay, Ile Saint Louis, Paris 75004



No comments: