Friday, August 15, 2014

What is it, about France? Its about pleasure -that's it in a nutshell

For me, there are two pleasures about France - the art of living and the enjoyment of fine dining.
To me, there is no geography or history, without the appreciation of food, without sensual curiosity. To really get to know a country you need to taste it, smell it, touch it, listen to it, see it. In France, its through the body that you reach understanding - through happiness. Since the dawn of time people have discovered that one of the best ways to achieve happiness is through the understanding of pleasure - enjoying good food and wine is an essential part of this undertaking for anyone wanting to really know this most amazing country.
So for those of you that are fussy about 'I  can't have this and that' or I don't
 like this and that, have restrictive food allergies or have succumbed to the present, 'I need gluten free food 'silliness, is all I can say is that I feel saddened for you, for you'll never really be able to enjoy France, if you can't enjoy and partake in all their food and lifestyle pleasures. 

No comments: