Friday, September 5, 2014

The World has gone mad...It's a sad day for French Cuisine - Frances's top chef 'goes Vegetarian'

Alain Ducasse, the godfather of French gastronomy has just announced that his new restaurant in the newly reopened Plaza Athenee in Paris will be banishing  meat from its menu. 
He will also banish cream, while butter and sugar will be used as sparingly as possible. 
OK, so its a new day for Vegetarians, but for me and many others, its one of the saddest days in cooking history and I will not, let me be clear, I will not book for any of my clients a table there. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from France!
Further to your article, it can be pointed out that another chef (Alain Passard)has banished meat from his menus since 2001, and yet his vegetable dishes are extremely inventive and surprising. His restaurant is 3-star Michelin since 1996: L'Arpège - rue de Varenne - 75007 Paris.
Bien Cordialement,
Pierre B.