Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This is the best advise you'll ever get from me on traveling..Do what you want to do and not what you are expected to do

The writer Anthony Peregrine (London Telegraph) wrote a column today entitled 'Nobody enjoys museums - so, why do we bother'.  although it was a funny article, in fact its true. He claims and I hardily agree, that visiting galleries and museums is what you do when traveling, its part of a conspiracy to insist we should all be passionate about art.
Go to any famous museum and you'l see hoards of people staring out of windows rather than look at famous paintings.  Are they reflecting? Naw, they are asking themselves - "Why the hell am I here among stuff of absolutely no interest to me?"
As Mr. Peregrine states "If you'be been to the Louvre you'll know that for every person engrossed, there are a couple of hundred herding through, desperate to escape".
They are there because its expected. and I say foolish and stop it right now.
You're on holiday, if you appreciate art, then by all means visit the the great museums of Europe, but if not, then you have my permission not to visit and somehow, Michelangelo, Monet, De Vinci, Renoir will survive without you, and you......... without them. 
It's as simple as that...
Below is the crowd trying to take a look at the Mona Lisa. My advise to you is skip the museums and have a long and wonderful lunch, sit in a Paris cafe and watch the marvelous world go by while sipping your favorite cocktail. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very good words. While I genuinely like art, I totally agree for those who don't! :)