Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Thoughts on Brittany


Besides the fabulous rugged sea coast, with its windswept dunes, rocky beaches, lobster pots stacked on salt-beached piers - looking very much like New England, the other side of Brittany is just a fascinating, for its inland scenery. Driving through it, one can only think of the rolling hills of Vermont and New Hampshire or the Cotswold’s in England.
While driving this last November, I had to stop constantly to step outside my car and look at the amazing scenery. It seemed I was doing this, every 15 or 20 minutes. I could not believe the beauty!
Above is just a small sample of what you might encounter driving inland and oh? Did I mention the historic villages? You’ll come upon, them constantly, many designated as the one of the most beautiful villages in France by the Government cultural office.
...............more to follow next week on my adventures in this utterly distinct, utterly seperate world located within France.

No comments: