Friday, December 4, 2009

The Magic Of France - "I know, I know"


In the recent movie about Julia Child (Julia and Julie), in the opening scenes Julia and her husband Paul Child ( played to perfection by Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci), Julia Child visits and experiences her first French meal. A simple meal of Sole Meuniere ( sole cooked Millers-style in tons of brown butter sauce) and as she eats, she is unable to express her delight and amazement in the taste of the dish and her husband, turns to her and says :"I Know, I Know"
That reply, "I Know, I Know" is something that I experience and hope to experience every time I visit France. There is always that moment for me again and again ( still 20 plus years on), where I am so captivated by either the food , surroundings or the people, that I am rendered speechless and I can only think now, of what Paul Child said to Julia.."I Know, I know"

No comments: